Friday, December 28, 2007

The Anti-Resolution (cool name for a band huh?)

How is it that one who has come to despise Christmas, can look forward to New Years with such religious fervor. Is this what adulthood has come too. Drudging my way through the holidays to get smashed and start all over again?
Well then bring it on.
New Years have typically sucked in my life. As a teenager I was usually trapped in Texas with family on New Years Eve and that sucked for several reasons.
First reason being, even as a 13-14 year old it was my understanding that if you weren't sucking face with a chick that was at least slightly attractive then there was NOT reason to celebrate.
Second being that My grandparents invented the bible belt, and any celebration remotely related to alcohol consumption was evil.

Third and worst of all they went to bed at 9 or 10 and Texas is on a different time zone. Leaving me ALONE watching the ball drop at 11 o'clock, with NO CHICK!!!!!!
Total bullshit!!! Right?
So this situation has greatly improved in adulthood, upon reaching the legal age to consume, and getting married and being a homeowner. This year I will party with family and friends listening to a live band for the first time on a new years. groovy. can't wait.
I've got the hot chick to smooch, the ball will drop at the right time, and I'm not in Texas. (other times however I very much wish that I was in Texas with grandparents)
So...thus...
I've never been one for making New Years resolutions, always thought it was a stupid concept. When I was 14 years old I made a resolution to not ever make another resolution. Everyone else was running to get there gym memberships and swearing to loose weight, or quit smoking, or walk their dog more often, only to fail horribly and give up in two and a half months. I've kept my resolution for 10 LONG YEARS. I've stuck it out, and it's been the best resolution I could have ever made.
So this time I urge all, ye' great citizens of the free world, to make the year of thy Lord 2008 the year you resolute to not resolute.
~GB~

No comments: